General Notices for Visitors
The rubrics of the Extraordinary Form of Mass require that Holy Communion be given on the tongue and kneeling. Those who cannot kneel because of illness, frailty or old-age are not obliged to kneel and are welcome to stand when receiving Holy Communion (though still on the tongue).
Parking – Do not park in the under-cover parking bay on the immediate left of Charles O’Neill Way. Parking is available further down, or on West St.
Please do not park in yellow-striped bay which is reserved for the St Vincent de Paul Night Patrol vans.
Please leave closer parking bays available for elderly and less mobile Mass-goers.
Feast of the Holy Cross: Friday, September 14th, 2018
7pm Solemn Mass followed by Benediction with the relic of the True Cross.
Seven Sorrows of Our Lady
Promises Made to Our Lady to St. Bridget to those who meditate on her Seven Sorrows:
- “I will grant peace to their families.”
- “They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries.”
- “I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.”
- “I will give them as much as they ask for, as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.”
- “I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.”
- “I will visibly help them at the moment of their death. They will see the face of their Mother.”
- “I have obtained this grace from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolours, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.”
If you are new to the parish or you have never registered as a parishioner, you can download the form here, or from under the “Resources” tab on this page.
Friday 31st August: Blessed Water and Candles in honour of St.Raymond Nonnatus
“St. Raymond’s mother died while in labour with him, and he survived only when his uncle made an incision in his mother’s body and pulled him out. Because of his extraordinary birth, he is considered the special patron of childbirth, midwives and pregnant women.”
In the Rituale Romanum, there is the blessing of water and candles for the ill, especially those who have problems conceiving and those who have difficult pregnancies.
Immaculate Heart of Mary
6pm Low Mass on Wednesday, 22nd August, for the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, with Act of Consecration (Ven. Pius XII)
Holy Day of Obligation, Feast of the Assumption, 15th August
There will be 2 Masses on the Feast of the Assumption, 15th August.
7am: Low Mass
7pm: Sung/Solemn Mass followed by blessing of herbs, medicinal flowers and fruit.
FSSP 30th Anniversary Dinner, 13th October 2018
Please RSVP using this form:
Celebration and Patronal Feast day of the Maternal Heart of Mary Church on Saturday, 13th October 2018 at 6.30pm. Fully catered buffet-dinner (donations welcomed).
Annual Pilgrimage St Mary of the Cross
NEXT SUNDAY 12th August after 10.30 am Mass.
We will leave Lewisham after the Sung Mass and should reach the shrine of St.Mary of the Cross at Mackillop Place by 4.45pm.
Vespers and Benediction at 5 pm – Shrine of St Mary of the Cross (MacKillop).
Only participate if you are in good health. Minors must be accompanied by their parents or a designated adult.
Please bring a packed lunch, water and wear suitable shoes. Please have adequate sun protection.
For those who can’t make the walk, we can all meet at the Church of the Sacred Heart, Mackillop Place, for the prayers. North Sydney Station is the closest station. For location please see http://www.marymackillopplace.org.au/about/dsp-default.cfm?loadref=112